Symptoms: You may come across Update error ID: 1001 whenever we try to update Quick Heal with following symptoms while updating Quick Heal desktop products like Antivirus Pro/Internet Security/Total Security:
- Whenever we do perform online update, it shows error message of 1001.
- Even if we re-installed Quick Heal and try for updates, issue remains same.
Cause: This issue basically occurs due to specific file/definition of update packager downloading failure or interruption occurs during the update. There are various reasons like as below due to which situation arrives:
- Slow internet connection like 2G or weak connection which not capable to download the update
- High latency/dis-connectivity in Internet communication.
- Restricted Internet connection like as Gateway Firewall/Proxy.
How do resolve this issue?
1. Retry to update after some time or connect alternate internet connection if there is weak/slow internet connectivity.
2. Change the default DNS by configuring active network connection settings (Run command ncpa.cpl to open network settings) and set it to open DNS i.e. 18.104.22.168 and then retry to update.
3. If same issue even after several retrieval, check Quick Heal virus database date, If it is older than one month, you can download the Offline Update Packager from http://www.quickheal.com/update
4. If you are using restricted internet connection like any network Firewall/Proxy is configured, then contact to Network Administrator and allow below Quick Heal's domains in your Network Firewall /Proxy :
Domains to allow/exclude:
File extensions to allow/exclude:
Note: In case of same issue or required assistance, you may raise ticket at http://esupport.quickheal.com/support/tickets/new so our Technical Support Team can assist you to resolve your query.