Symptoms: You may come across this issue when you open Quick Heal; may observe below issue whereas Quick Heal was working fine earlier and the issue has started suddenly:
Quick Heal dashboard shows, “System is at risk. Browsing protection is turned off. Click Resolve Now to fix the problem."
Causes: This issue basically occurs due to corruption in core engine files of Quick Heal. There are various reasons which causes in corruption like as below:
- Sudden termination/interruption of Update process.
- System specific issue, such as abrupt system restart due to sudden power failure could be one of reason behind sudden termination/interruption of update process.
- System restore may cause restoration of stale files of Quick Heal may resulting mismatch with the set of core engine files.
How do I troubleshoot the issue?
1. Click on “Resolve Now” and verify the issue.
2. If same issue, press Windows+R button on keyboard together, you will get ‘Run’ window, type services.msc and click OK as below:
3. Check status of “Core Mail Protection” service and start it if it is stopped as below:
4. To start the service click on 'Start' option
5. If same issue, Click on Windows ->Start Menu and type CMD in Search window.
6. Right click on Search result for CMD and click on Run As Administrator.
You will get an black command prompt window as below:
7. Type below command with respect to Operating System.
If you have Windows 7 and lower version of Operating System then use command as net start emlss as below:
8. Hit Enter.
9. Repeat steps 1,2,3,4 and verify the issue.
If you have Windows 8 and higher version of Operating System then use command as net start emlssx as below:
10. Hit Enter.
11. Repeat steps 1,2,3,4 and verify the issue.
12. Even if the same issue after following the above steps, press Windows+R button on keyboard together, you will get ‘Run’ window;
type Quickup.exe /rollback. Wait for some time, restart the system and verify the issue.
Note: In case of same issue or required assistance, you may raise ticket at http://esupport.quickheal.com/support/tickets/new so our Technical Support Team can assist you to resolve your query.