This is an important advisory for users of Quick Heal Total Security for Mac.
Apple’s new macOS High Sierra 10.13 has arrived and it brings along with it a feature that requires the user’s approval before loading newly-installed third-party kernel extensions (KEXTs). If a request is made to load a KEXT and if the user does not approve it, then the load request is denied causing installed application(s) to stop functioning.
To ensure Quick Heal Total Security on macOS High Sierra 10.13 functions smoothly, you must click on ALLOW ‘Quick Heal Total Security’ from the ‘System Preferences >> Security & Privacy’ followed by a system restart. If you do not follow this procedure, all protection levels of Quick Heal Total Security will be in the OFF mode exposing your system to threats.
What to do if Quick Heal module remains OFF on a fresh macOS High Sierra 10.13 or if I haven’t allowed Quick Heal Total Security as stated in the procedure above?
Once you have installed Quick Heal Total Security on a fresh macOS high Sierra 10.13, you will receive a prompt as shown below (fig 1).
Steps to follow:
- Go to System Preferences >> Security & Privacy
- Click on the ALLOW button beside “System software from developer Quick Heal Technologies was blocked from loading” (fig 2)
- Restart the system
Some key points to remember:
1. Till the time you do not click on ALLOW as described earlier, the product will show all modules as OFF (in red) as the drivers will not get loaded (in this case, the product will not function).
2. The ALLOW button in ‘System Preferences’ disappears after 30 minutes of product installation.
3. The ALLOW button in ‘System Preferences’ can be seen again only after the next reboot (again for 30 minutes).
4. If your Mac OS is lower than 10.13.x with Quick Heal pre-installed on it and the OS is upgraded to 10.13.x, then Quick Heal will function normally. Even if you reinstall Quick Heal on the platform, you need not follow the steps mentioned earlier.
5. If you format your Mac & freshly install the macOS High Sierra 10.13, you must follow the steps mentioned earlier in this article.
For a technical explanation on the steps mentioned in this article, please click on the link below:
For any technical assistance, please call us on 1800 121 7377.